Discover the benefits of joining the Association of Pension Desk Practitioners of Nigeria - it's a valuable opportunity for various stakeholders in the pension sector! "The Association of Pension Desk Practitioners is dedicated to promoting training, education, and professional development among pension sector professionals. With a strong emphasis on pre-retirement planning and entrepreneurship, we offer comprehensive programs and memberships, empowering individuals to excel in their careers and successfully navigate the complexities of retirement planning and business ventures."
At the core of our mission is advocacy and prioritizing the welfare of our members. Through active collaboration with our stakeholders, we unite to elevate standards, exchange best practices, and foster a supportive community amongst our members. Our concerted efforts aim to create sustainable policies and self-regulations that lead to improved retirement income for all. By championing these initiatives, we strive to ensure a better future for our members and the broader society.
We ensure our members' views are heard by decision-makers; we are the voice of our members with government, Parliament and regulators and we comment publicly on their behalf on key retirement income issues that affect them.
Applicants for Associates must be Individual Members of the Association and must comply with the requirements described below:
1. Educational Achievement
Proof of sufficient formal or practical education, both in quantity and quality.
2. Formal Education – A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
3. Practical Education – Applicants without degrees may substitute or augment their formal education with practical education derived from service. This practical education requires any two-year combination of:
Applicants for Full Member must be Individual Member who has to meet the requirements of being an Associate Also must comply with the additional requirements described below:
1. Higher Degrees, APP or Membership of other professional body
2. A working experience in a senior or management position for at least 7 years
Applicants for Fellow must be Individual Members who have to meet the requirements of being a full member. Besides, must comply with the requirements described below:
1. Business experience in a senior or management position for at least 15 years
2. A remarkable contribution made in the promotion of Pension in the industry and nation at large,
Membership Fee Schedule
The above amount will be paid by the individual. This may be reimbursable or not, and is dependent upon the applicants' employer.
2. Maintenance Fee: For an individual designation to be continued yearly, he/she must remain an individual member, either as an employee of a Member Firm or as an Individual Member. Currently, Individual Maintenance fees are $15.00 or N5,000 per annum for the APP designation, $30.00 (USD) or N10,000 for the MPP designation and $40.00 (USD) or N15,000 for the FPP designation.
Kindly download your preferred form below, fill and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have submitted your application with your professional profile/CV, you will be able to pay for this membership when the membership committee has approved that you are eligible for membership.
We have a limited number that can be approved for the course.
The Association of Pension Desk Practitioners of Nigeria started on November 8, 2016 with its annual conference held in Abuja with theme The New Pension Act 2014- The Implementation Hurdles for Nigerian Employees. Since then the ASSOPEP holds its annual conference in Abuja in November every year.
Download Application Form