Whether you're an employer who provides a pension for your staff, a trustee of a pension scheme or a provider of services such as a Pension fund Custodian, Administrator, Regulator investor or adviser, there's something for you in the Association of Pension Desk Practitioners of Nigeria
We bring together the industry and other parties to raise standards, share best practices and support our members. We work collaboratively with members, government, parliament, regulators and other stakeholders to help build sustainable policies and regulations which deliver a better income in retirement.
We ensure our members' views, and those of their savers are heard by decision-makers; we are the voice of our members with government, Parliament and regulators and we comment publicly on their behalf on key retirement income issues for savers.
Our industry-leading events, policy bodies and working groups facilitate direct exchange between members, government and regulators.
We also help members run better pension schemes: we are an important source for training, support and guidance on key retirement savings issues for the benefit of both pensions professionals and those who provide support services to the sector.
Applicants for Associates must be Individual Members of the Association and must comply with the requirements described below:
1. Educational Achievement
Proof of sufficient formal or practical education, both in quantity and quality.
2. Formal Education – A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
3. Practical Education – Applicants without degrees may substitute or augment their formal education with practical education derived from service. This practical education requires any two-year combination of:
Applicants for Full Member must be Individual Member who has to meet the requirements of being an Associate Also must comply with the additional requirements described below:
1. Higher Degrees, APP or Membership of other professional body
2. A working experience in a senior or management position for at least 7 years
Applicants for Fellow must be Individual Members who have to meet the requirements of being a full member. Besides, must comply with the requirements described below:
1. Business experience in a senior or management position for at least 15 years
2. A remarkable contribution made in the promotion of Pension in the industry and nation at large,
Membership Fee Schedule
The above amount will be paid by the individual. This may be reimbursable or not, and is dependent upon the applicants' employer.
2. Maintenance Fee: For an individual designation to be continued yearly, he/she must remain an individual member, either as an employee of a Member Firm or as an Individual Member. Currently, Individual Maintenance fees are $15.00 or N5,000 per annum for the APP designation, $30.00 (USD) or N10,000 for the MPP designation and $40.00 (USD) or N15,000 for the FPP designation.
Kindly download your preferred form below, fill and send it to email@example.com once you have submitted your application with your professional profile/CV, you will be able to pay for this membership when the membership committee has approved that you are eligible for membership.
We have a limited number that can be approved for the course.
The Association of Pension Desk Practitioners of Nigeria started on November 8, 2016 with its annual conference held in Abuja with theme The New Pension Act 2014- The Implementation Hurdles for Nigerian Employees. Since then the ASSOPEP holds its annual conference in Abuja in November every year.
Download Application Form